Thursday 30 June 2011

BATMAN!! Crafting a Batmobile...


Hello everyone, thank you for the support on the new home hunting! I will let you know how it all turns out...
Nanana,na,na...Batman 
Why I am I talking about batman you may ask??? Well I had a request from a lady to make a Fimo Batmobile from the 1989 move! Her husband is fond of the 1989 version of the car, and she wanted me to make a cake topper as as surprise for his 40th birthday.

I love a challenge and am always interested in making new items. I began looking at photos of the car to get all the details and the overall shape. Even You-Tube provided some good clips and would you believe people are even selling replicas of the car that you can drive!?

Here are some photos of the car, it is around 14cm in length. Made completely from fimo and handmade by me.
I tried to get the detail,it is hard to see in the photos but there are markings where the guns are etc lol

and one more photo of the back of the batmobile...

Here is a You tube video of the car and movie, I used this as inspiration!!! I havnt watched the movie, but I now love this car!
Here is a plastic model of the car, this one is gray,but the car is black and I wanted it to be true to the movie.
POW!!Kapow!!!
Hope you enjoyed this little trip down Batman memory lane....
See you again soon Priscilla xx

4 comments:

faithy said...

You did a fabulous job on the batmobile! Looks just like a store bought figure!

Carin said...

You did a great job !! When I was young (oof ... that was awhile back LOL) my favorite tv program was batman.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

WOW you certainly rose to the challenge! Well done it looks great,

Victoria xxx

Anonymous said...

This is terrific! Such creativity.

Enjoy your weekend.

Marie x

Books I have read and enjoyed

I am counting down..