Sunday 21 September 2008

Halloweeny theme cake. Meal and awards

Hello again everyone, another month has flown by and I am catching at the wind to keep up! Earlier this year I met up with an old friend from high school who I have not seen in about 12 year! We met again on the web and have become good friends, it was her birthday recently and I decided to make her a cake........


She loves halloween, same as I do and also loves this time of year Autumn, I decided on a humours magical/halloweeny theme for her cake and I thought I would share it with you...... A witchy washing line complete with hat, dress, bloomers and her actual black cat who I call 'Kitty' as her name is way to long! ha,ha

'Bippity Boppity Boo' is of course from Cinderellas fairy godmother,


The back of the cake- Jenny is growing a few herbs at her new house and lavender is a favourite so here is her black cat sitting in the flowers.... I really loved making this cake and all the decorations as a big fan of halloween I just loved getting creative with the colours and ideas for this cake!

We went for a meal for her birthday and a few drinks after, here are a few photos..

We went to a lovely Chinese restaurant, notice how i blend in with the table cloth! ha,ha
Quite a few people...

drinks after..... It was a good night and nice to be with old friends......


Hi Everyone, I am going to begin this post with a very overdue thank you to all my wonderful blogging friends who awarded me this thoughtful award whilst I was on a blogging break.....

I was lucky enough to be awarded this sparkly award by three friends, thank you again for sharing this with me.......if you get a chance do pay a visit to these wonderful ladies..

http://reflectionsintheafternoon.blogspot.com/
http://dreamingofwildroses.blogspot.com/
http://somewhereintyme.blogspot.com/

I really do not know who to pass this on too, as in my time most of the blogs I visit already own one!

I also want to say thank you to Linda over at 'Somewhere in Time for awarding me this....Super Commenter! Its really quite fun as i used to play the frog character on the amiga 600, hes called 'Super Frog'! ha,ha I think this award is a lovely one to receive....its always nice to receive comments, just a little note to let you know someone has found something you have written of interest, I also enjoy leaving comments.........so thank you again Linda!

I award these blogs with this award:http://www.bittersweetpunkin.blogspot.com/
http://ohiofarmgirl.blogspot.com/

http://vintagetea.blogspot.com/

I hope you all have a good week, see you again very soon!

Priscilla x

16 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

I adore that cake!! Wow..you are so talented!!

Thanks for the award...I haven't been making my rounds regularly as school at home has kept me quite busy..I need to play catch up!!
Hugs,
Robin

Laume said...

What a lovely friend you are - that cake is so adorable! And I bet tasty too!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Thank you so much for the award, I really appreciate it.

That's some cake, looks fantastic.

Victoria x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Great minds for visiting each other at the same time!

No worries about me already having the award, I'm grateful to receive once but twice is even better!

Victoria x

Free Art Printables said...

Beautiful cake! You are so talents, I could never do that!!I am glad to hear you are going to join the pumpkin party!!! I saw you grew some sugar pumpkins! We eat them at home just baked in the oven with butter and brown sugar.. yum!

Little House By The Sea said...

Thank you for stopping at my blog and saying hello... I adore the cake you made, you are very clever. I have book marked your blog and will be back again,

Sarah x

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Fantastic cake - you are very talented. What a great gift for a friend too - looks like you all had a good time!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh, I am so impressed with that fabulous cake! Gorgeous! I love the new look of your blog, too!

Happy weekend to you from both of us!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful cake! I've never made a cake with any real intricate decorating on it, so I'm in awe whenever you show yours. They're such works of art.

Rosemary said...

Hi Priscilla,
Thank you, I like the ravens in the branches too.
I love that cake, it's amazing.
Great!!
Have a wonderful day,
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cake!!! I could not take my eyes off of it and when I came out of my daze I just had to comment! You have a wonderful talent for decorating them.
Have a good week,
Laura

Back Through Time said...

What a great cake!! You did a wonderful job on it and what a thoughtful friend you are:-)
Michelle

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

My goodness, that cake is so perfect, what a great friend you are to incorporate all those details.
Glad you're Posting Spooky, I look forward to seeing what Halloween season is like in England!

Linda said...

Hi Priscilla, the cake is so special...I love the little kitty sitting in the herb garden..such a cute touch. All your cakes are magicial.
Cute pictures from the birthday dinner, looks like a fun evening with your friends. Hugs, Lidna

Barbara Chojnacki said...

Hello fellow Posting Spooky participant! I love your cake. Now THAT'S what I want for my birthday cake later this month.

Deathtouch said...

Love your blog. Got the link from your flickr site. I added your blog to my site. www.planetgravemarker.com. I am the one that just contacted you about the Eeyore that you did.

Books I have read and enjoyed

I am counting down..