Monday 24 December 2007

Christmas Eve! and tree trimming part 2


Happy Christmas Everyone.............

'Its Christmas eve and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse'.......

Its Christmas eve and I am in the middle of the normal last minute placing of tags on gifts, finding the presents I have hidden around the house and trying to find something good to watch on tv. All our Christmas food is out and chestnuts are roasting in the oven...... I wanted to take this moment to show you the rest of my Christmas tree decorations and thank you all for your lovely comments on my parents tree.....

Last night I captured the view of my living room from where I was sitting, I always sit in the same corner of the sofa so enjoying this cozy view.......

I had been planning to decorate my tree for a few days but my gas fire broke down and had to be cleaned, I was worried soot would go everywhere so delayed the tree trimming. A week before I went on a shopping trip to B&Q where I bought lots of new baubles...... I wanted to create a simple country cottage effect, so I didn't use many of our old vintage baubles. That is my mums woolly hat next to 'Toffee' the bear....... he lives in the corner of the chair and as you can see watched over the whole proceedings.......

I tried to pick items that looked good together, I especially like the woody aspect, it reminds me of a log cabin somewhere with tartan blankets and hot cocoa! The little robin and deer baubles have a stitch effect, I was hoping to make some fabric decorations like them, I ran out of time maybe next year.....

'The stockings were hung by the fire with care in the hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there'.....

I just love the cozy atmosphere the tree creates, It will look very bare after christmas, although I keep the lighted twigs all year..... I kind of achieved the look I was going for, I am extremely pleased with the tree, I would of liked to add a few more decorations to the rest of the room, I had planned to make some primitive gingerbread, but I am happy to gather and create the decorations over the years.......
This is one of my new favourites, a chocolate glass bauble with gold glitter........ simple and elegant
I thought it would look nice if I kept the decorations to a few colour tones. Silver,gold cream and woodsy. The heart in this photo is quite lovely, I think it will be one of those baubles you keep safe and always treasure. It is porcelain with small crystals, I bought two.............and they are my favourite!
I quite like rustic/primitive items and this little snowman is so cute don't you think? He looks like hes made of wood but hes made of a resin, quite effective though........Gold glitter reindeer, I had to have a few sparkly items on the tree, woodsy is fine but a girl needs some glitter too!
In the woody collection I got these open wrapped baubles, the same idea but shaped as bells, and glittered cones.......


Although this photo was taken before the baubles were added, I wanted to show you this one as it shows the beautiful glow of the lights. Although I do love coloured lights on my parents tree, in my house the white lights do look so pretty! Its nice to have the best of both worlds, old traditional family cozy colour and the simple elegance of clear.......

I have been writing this between wrapping presents and now christmas Eve is coming to an end!

I hope you have a warm and happy Christmas Day............... Wishing you all the very best for the New Year,

Blessings to all

Priscilla x

11 comments:

Teresa said...

Just a note to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. The tree is lovely.

Merry Christmas! :)
Teresa

Faith said...

That Christmas tree looks really nice hope you all have a great Christmas too

Felicia said...

Merry Christmas :)

Linda said...

Merry Christmas Priscilla! Your cottage looks so cozy and your tree is very pretty. I love all your new pretties...especially the heart, I have a heart tree and just think they are all wonderful. The snowman is quite jolly too. Have a most joyous and happy day. Hugs Linda

Merry Christmas to your mum and dad too:).

~Kristen~ said...

Sometime in October I found a link to your blog on magicalholidayhome.com, I think, and I have enjoyed reading it ever since! Your Christmas decorations are beautiful. I love seeing pics of your home!

Oh! And I am a Yankee Candle fanatic, too! I live in Massachusetts, in the USA. This is where the headquarters for Yankee Candle is!

Kristen :-)

Linda said...

Priscilla~~~wishing you and yours Happy New Year and all the best in our new year~~2008. Hugs linda

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Happy New Year Priscilla!!

smilnsigh said...

Hello and I'm happy to meet you! And since you came to and commented in one of my blogs... I have been able to do so. I love cottages, btw.

You liked the picture of snow, I posted, in one of my blogs. I do hope you get some soon. The UK used to have snow, back in Dickens' time. :-)

I have another photo of snow, in my Photos-City-Mine blog, and so I thought you might like to see that one too. :-) I'll be showing more winter photos of my city, because we have plenty "of Winter," at this time.

You have lovely Christmas photos here. I hope you'll be doing another entry soon.

Happy New Year to you,
Mari-Nanci

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Priscilla!

Sending warm best wishes for a year filled with peace and joy.

Marie x

Michelle said...

Hi Priscilla, Im tagging you to list 7 weird/random facts about yourself, see my blog for details!! xx

Anonymous said...

Just popped by to wish you a Happy New Year, bit late I know but we've only just resurfaced from Christmas and started posting again.
cd&m
http://catondarlingandmoore.typepad.com

Books I have read and enjoyed

I am counting down..