Friday 28 March 2008

Gracious Hospital-i-Tea Blog-a-thon

I am taking part in the Tea-blog-a-thon over at Gracious Hospitality, every week has a new tea theme to post about, I am a bit late in posting for week ones topic but I wanted to start at the beginning!

Teacup-a-Story
'Share a picture of your favorite teacup and saucer; describe it and tell it's history (or make up a story about it's past). Why is it meaningful to you? This would be a good place to share about the details of your teacup collection if you have one'.
King Echnaton Tea Cup - I bought this Tea cup in Luxor Egypt 2 year ago, I have been to Luxor 5 times and adore it, everytime I go I buy a cup or mug as I collect them. This is one of my favourites, outlined in gold with the face of King Echnaton, it makes a really elegent cup of tea....




When you arrive in Egypt you are greeted with a hot sweet Red Tea usually in a small glass, it is a very well know and loved tea called - Hibiscus or Karkade we loved it so much we bought a bag full! It comes as shown above, the dried petals of the Hibiscus flower, luxor souk has every spice you can think of including baskets of tea, you can also buy Tea Bags and I brought home both. In our hotel room in the evening we make ourselves a glass of tea whilst we sit on our balcony and watch Egyptian life go by, the tea is very good for a good nights sleep. We always buy our cups when we get there rather than taking the weight in the case and this was the cup I bought that year to enjoy my Egyptian red Tea.........

Below is a photo of my mum and dad drinking Hibiscus Tea with our good friend Salah (the left of the photo) on this day we had just returned from horse riding along the banks of the nile, such a beautiful day!

I hope you have been able to get a picture of our time in Luxor and how Tea is featured so strongly, we love our time there and this little tea cup is a part of the story.......

Until next time

Priscilla xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story! I especially enjoyed the photos of the scenery. Cups are a nice way to remember your travels...

Denise said...

What an interesting post! I really enjoyed the "trip" to Egypt. That is so interesting the type of tea they serve and when. Thank you for sharing the story and the pics!

I'm so glad you joined the blog-a-thon and that I've had the pleasure of meeting you! You're sweet comment on my blog made my day!

Have a delightful weekend!

Linda said...

Hi Priscilla, I loved my traveling in Egypt with you,the photos are wonderful. Your tea cup is lovely, a pretty rememberance of your trip.

Wow! Your blog has a new look and it is great! All the new pics are neat. Hugs, Linda

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a gorgeous tea cup, so unique. I think you win for having the most unusual post on the tea blog-a-thon! I enjoyed the story and seeing the photos!

Thank you for sharing.

Katherine

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post Priscilla ~ thank you for sharing your travels and your tea cup story.

Marie x

Nora Lee said...

I wanted to leave to comment on your tea cup and story. What a wonderful trip and photos. The tea cup is so unique, I have never seen one like it before.

Carrie said...

I've enjoyed your account of taking tea in Egypt.

cd&m said...

What a great idea, it's lovely to hear the stories behind objects.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BittersweetPunkin said...

Neat story!! What great photos too...hey did I tell you already I love your blog facelift? Very nice!!

On Friday I am having a 200th post giveaway so hop over and visit me then!
Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post! What an experience to visit Egypt, and so many times, too!

Books I have read and enjoyed

I am counting down..